Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Tyneside Chiropractic
To our wonderful Tyneside Chiropractic family
In light of the recent Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and sustained transmission, we recognise it is important to keep appropriate perspective and balance the risk by taking measures to limit the spread and protect the particularly vulnerable from infection without inciting undue fear. Your health is and always will be our priority.
We will remain open to care for our community in the most prudent, appropriate and legal way possible. Please know that we fully respect and support any choice you make for your own and your family’s particular concerns.
As our regulator has requested, we are closely monitoring the latest Public Health England and NHS guidance for all our community and have implemented a series of rigorous, upgraded preventative measures specifically designed to protect our clients and clinical team, and to allow for the continued provision of care based on medical need in the safest possible environment.
We are taking the following precautions:
- Modified Appointment Scheduling: We have added time buffers into our scheduling to allow attending clients a strict socially-distanced encounter with others.
- Sanitising Measures: We have implemented recently-updated Public Health England measures for stringent hygiene, and infection control/ prevention precautions. We wear gloves, aprons and masks for client contact. Tables, door handles and any other surfaces you may be in contact with are extensively cleaned before and after every consultation.
- Responsible Self-Exclusion: Per the current government guidance, we ask that if you do not feel well and have a recent onset of a new continuous cough and/or temperature or flu-like symptoms, that you continue to self-isolate for the appropriate duration (7-14 days at home from the onset of your symptoms). Contact NHS 111 if your symptoms worsen or last beyond the 7 days. Contact 999 for a medical emergency. We have suspended all regular appointments with us whilst the lockdown continues. Please note that, should you require urgent care, we will risk-assess your particular circumstances. * We are looking at alternate arrangements for our at-risk and self-isolating clients during this time, including nutrition support and guidance on an individual basis.
- Payments: We request that you use either contactless payments or BACS transfers for payments. Details will be provided.
- We remain open for urgent care only at this time and will do our best to provide excellent, thoughtful care in the safest possible way. This situation will be reviewed daily and obviously, we will implement all other measures as required by our regulator and government in accordance with their action plans.
Remember there’s much you can do to keep well:
- Wash your hands with soap and hot water
- Drink lots of water
- Get plenty of sleep
- Avoid touching your face, especially eyes & nose
- Cover your cough (inform us immediately)
- Eat a variety of nutritious meals full of antioxidant-rich fruits and vegetables
- Build your body’s stores of Vitamins C, D, Zinc and Magnesium to support your health (ask us how if you need help)
- Continue healthy habits of fresh air and social connection through phone calls, text, video in the midst of physically appropriate isolation
Lastly, we are here for our community as a resource, full stop. If you need any other support, please contact us directly on 0191 486 2422 or 07889 269 232.
Yours in health and community,
Kerri Elston Doherty, BA(Hons), DC
The Old Correction House
28 Tynemouth Road
Tyne & Wear
T: +44 (0)191 486 2422
M: +44 (0)7889 269 232